Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Flowers For Algernon

If you were given a choice to have an operation that would make you much smarter would you do it especially if you knew the effects of the surgery would only be temporary?why or why not? use examples from the book.

No i wouldn't want to have a surgery to make me smarter it would be a waste of time to do an operation that would eventually wear off of me being smart.I wouldn't want to become something i wasn't already born to be i really think i would like being the way i am as long as i had a simple understanding of life why would i need more knowledge?If i could understand to read,write,and speak then i believe i would do fine in life i would have a job maybe good pay and if needed a family.I believe that trying to get something like an operation to get smarter would be a nifty gift but i still wouldn't like the fact that i would only be a smart for awhile not until i die.I see it as when you buy a new pair of shoes yeah there all cool and nice makes you run more faster and steadier but eventually it will wear and tear then what will happen you ll buy a new pair.....same with operation if i wanted to be smart throughout my life i would have to do constant operations to keep it that way.Imagine to be under surgery constant times to get smart doesn't sound great to me but that's me others might think that its crazy not to get an operation to make you smarter i say if god wanted me to be smart then he would have done that a long time ago.For me i would just rather be simple not uniquely intelligent in any way from what i have seen id prefer to be me stay the same was i have always been in life because some or most people don't really like people with sophisticated lives and brain they poke their fun and try to make it seem as if their not really smart when they are

4 comments: